Volunteer Services at Montrose Regional Health began in 1950. Volunteers Services has over 115 volunteers.
Volunteers provide service in almost every area of the hospital.
- The newly renovated Golden Leaf Gift Shop is staffed by volunteers five days a week.
- The Golden Leaf Crafters makes gifts that are sold in the gift shop and are sold at local craft shows.
- Patients and their families are offered juice, soda and water by volunteers during the afternoon courtesy cart rounds.
- There are a variety of clerical and patient assistance services provided in many areas of the hospital from admissions, radiology and laboratory to accounting, the cancer center and outpatient surgery.
- Volunteers assist in the Emergency Department and Same-Day Surgery so staff can focus on more time on the patient.
- We also offer Music Therapy and Pet Therapy services to the patients of Montrose Regional Health.
If you are interested in becoming a hospital volunteer, please fill out the form below and we can discuss the next steps and areas of interest.