Continuing Medical Education
The primary mission of the continuing medical education program at Montrose Regional Health is to provide lifelong learning experiences for physicians and other healthcare professionals that support their intentional efforts to enhance competence in patient care, medical knowledge, practice-based learning and improvement, interpersonal and communication skills, professionalism, and systems-based practice.
We are dedicated to fulfilling this mission via the following means:
- By enhancing the dissemination of current research knowledge ensuring that physicians have timely and relevant information available
- By facilitating a career-long continuum of medical education
- By fostering innovation in current medical education programs
- By enhancing the value of care for patients by improving quality and patient safety
Fall Clinics is a day-long conference sponsored by the Montrose Regional Health Medical Staff and organized by the hospital’s Fall Clinics Committee. It is open to physicians, medical students, nurses, nursing students and ancillary health providers.
Fall Clinics is scheduled for the last Friday in September each year. Details of the event are posted on this site in August prior to the event each year.
Read more about our Fall Clinics here.
Montrose Regional Health is accredited by the Colorado Medical Society to provide continuing medical education to physicians. Montrose Regional Health designated this educational activity for a maximum of eleven AMA PRA Category I Credits.
Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Montrose Regional Health requires 100 hours of continuing medical education every two years for all providers.
- A multidisciplinary Case Conference is held each Wednesday morning at 7:30 a.m. in the Conference Center at the hospital.
- Live CME presentations are held each Friday at 12:30 p.m. in the Conference Center at the hospital.
- Tumor Board is held on the 2nd Friday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in the Conference Center at the hospital.