Screenings for Women Offered at MRH
Your women’s health provider will offer you common screenings to ensure you’re on track to living a healthy lifestyle, but you are always welcome to request these screenings for yourself. These screenings may include:
- Blood tests may be customized to your age or areas of risk, for example, blood sugar, cholesterol, kidney, liver, and thyroid tests.
- Colorectal cancer screenings are usually recommended to be administered regularly to women over 50 years of age. However, some women may have screenings earlier in life depending on medical and family history and current medical conditions.
- Mammograms that screen for breast cancer and are usually recommended to women around the age of 40 or 50 and a minimum of every two years after.
- Osteoporosis and bone density tests that are quick, non-invasive, and assess your risk for bone loss
- Pap smear tests are performed during a pelvic exam and are a primary screening to identify and prevent cervical cancer. These are usually recommended every three years starting for women 21 years of age, but the interval may change based on your medical history.
- Vaccinations are usually recommended by your doctor at your regular preventative visit.
If you do not currently have a women’s health care provider, would like to consult with another provider, or would like more information about any screening and diagnostic procedures, please visit our Alpine Women’s Centre page here.